Dr Phuong Tran
MBBS (University of Adelaide), FRANZCR
Dr Tran graduated from the University of Adelaide in 1998. She undertook her postgraduate training at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and at Adelaide Radiotherapy Centre/Flinders Medical Centre, gaining her specialist qualifications in Radiation Oncology in 2006.
Dr Tran works across all areas but with subspecialty interests in urological malignancies (in particular prostate cancer), lung and breast malignancies. Having established the Prostate Low-Dose Rate Brachytherapy Program at Tennyson Centre she is also developing a hydrogel rectal spacer program for patients undergoing prostate irradiation.
As Chair, Dr Tran leads the South Australia Research Committee for Genesis Cancer Care which aims to increase access to clinical trials for patients, while ensuring that all research undertaken at Adelaide Radiotherapy Centre is compliant with Good Clinical Practice and the NHMRC National Statement for the Ethical Conduct of Research in Humans.
Complimenting her professional commitments, Dr Tran is also a volunteer medical officer for Camp Quality which aims to support children and their families living with cancer.
Dr Tran consults at Adelaide Radiotherapy Centre's rooms at Tennyson Centre, South Terrace and Calvary Central Districts Hospital. She is also a Visiting Medical Specialist at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genitourinary Group (FROGG)
- Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate (ANZUP) Cancer Trials Group
- Australasian Brachytherapy Group
- South Australian Breast Cancer Study Group
- Adelaide Clinical Trials and Education Collaborative
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO)
Areas of Interest
Urological including Prostate Brachytherapy, Breast, Lung, Colorectal, Skin
Consults and treats at:
Visiting Medical Specialist to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.